OSD600-Release0.4-Overall

In this final blog of open source course, I want to summary how I have learned about Git and GitHub and how I have got involved to open source projects.

First, here is a list of 3 PRs that I have got involved in this release 0.4:

  1. https://github.com/nodejs/node/pull/24584
  2. https://github.com/seiyria/bootstrap-slider/pull/886
  3. https://github.com/ywpark1/portfolio-generator/pull/23

Second, if you get family with Git and GitHub, you will know that they are some powerful things to open source projects. Many contributors will make their own changes and push their commits to GitHub by using Git commands and how an organizer will control their system through all commits and minimize their jobs through GitHub. I hope this link can help one has a clear understanding about Git and GitHub if one is new to them like me. It is totally different than I imaged. I don't really remember how many time I need to struggle with Git commands in this course. I always make some mistakes and now I can say I learned something from making mistakes. My professor and my friend (Jeffrey Espiritu) always help me when I get stuck. Thank you all a lot. After that, I "maybe" understand how the whole process works because there are lots of git commands that I have not learned yet. In addition to, it sometime takes lots of time for setting environment when I am working on open source projects.

Third, I have got involved to some external and internal open sources projects through 4 releases, such as nodejs, bootstrap-slider, Minimal-Todo app, SenecaBlackboardExtension, portfolio-generator and so on. I tried to do different things in each project to learn something new.

To sum up, open source course relates to spending time and having patience.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

release0.3_summary

OSD600_Release0.2 _Hacktoberfest _Summary

OSD600-Release0.4-PR2-blog2